DiGRA India has been founded in an endeavour to:
- Conduct events such as podcasts, talks, and addas to facilitate the game studies discourse to a hitherto untapped academic audience and enthusiasts in game cultures and production.
- Create publications from the talks that we have organised so far, as well as offer a conduit for publishing.
- Organise a series of master-classes by experts to aid awareness-building about the discipline among the rather young group of scholars in the region.
- Create a reading-group that will discuss both books on games and games themselves.
- Build a cell within the group that will aid members to find suitable research projects and gain funding.
- Create a shared Zotero reading list for members.